Lake meets ocean in this decadent dish. The oil and butter in Scout Lobster add beautiful pink colour, and a kick of flavour to take your trout to the next level. Perfect for a cool winter evening, serve it alongside some buttery rolls and bitter greens.
Cook time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
2 tins of Scout Lobster
½ bunch of fresh fennel
1 whole trout (2 lbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice the lemon, lime, and orange into rounds and toss them in a medium sized bowl. Add you shaved fennel and two tins of drained Scout Lobster. Reserve the oil and butter from the tin.
3. Rinse and pat dry the whole trout. Stuff it with your citrus and fennel mixture.
4. Cut small lengths of Butcher’s twine and tie your fish closed as tightly as you can without damaging its flesh.
5. Once this is done, place your trout on a cookie sheet with all of the oil and butter from Scout Lobster tins. This will add amazing flavour and colour to your dish.
6. Roast for 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of your trout.
7. Let your trout rest for 5 minutes while you remove the strings.
8. Serve and pair with a buttery roll and some fresh bitter greens.