This is a ridiculously easy recipe and I highly recommend having a few cans of Scout Trout on hand as you will want to dig into this one a few times a month. Eat this standing over the sink.
Cook time: 15-20 minutes of prep and assembly time
Serves: 2 people as a generous lunch
1 tin of Scouts’ Trout
½ cup of each ( Cucumber, Avocado, Tomato, Romaine Lettuce, Radishes, Alfalfa Sprouts)
¼ Cup of each ( Basil, Mint, Flat Leaf parsley, Lovage)
¼ cup of feta
1. Chop all your crunchy veggies into bite sized pieces and set aside in small dishes.
2. Drain trout and reserve the liquid.
3. Pluck fresh herbs into a small bowl and reserve.
4. Warm a pita until it’s just soft, cut in half and stuff well with all the crunchy veg, trout and fresh herbs.
5. Drizzle the reserved oil on top with a few crumbles of feta cheese.