Prepare this in advance for a fast, casual lunch or dinner. I would lounge in a park with a rich glass of white burgundy and celebrate this glorious recipe.
Cook time: 15-20 minutes of prep and assembly time
Serves: 2 people as a generous lunch
1 tin of Scouts’ Trout
1 cup of cooked new potatoes
¼ cup cherry tomatoes
¼ cup Cucumber
⅛ cup pitted kalamata olives
1 tbsp dijon
Juice of one lemon
Salt to taste
1. Cook the potatoes until they’re tender and set aside to cool.
2. Blanch your green beans in boiling salted water and once squeaky on the teeth, shock them with ice water.
3. Put 2 eggs in cold water and bring them to a boil for 5 minutes. Stop the cooking by shocking them in ice water.
4. Drain one tin of Scout Trout and reserve the liquid.
5. Chop the tomatoes, cucumber, romaine lettuce, potatoes and olives, and toss them into a bowl. Plate and garnish with green beans, and Scout Trout. Crack open eggs and place rustically on a platter with salad.
6. Drizzle the reserved liquid that has been whisked with Dijon mustard and fresh lemon juice.