A great lunch or Friday night dinner. Serve with chilled sparkling water with cucumber and lemon.
Cook time: 1 hr.
1 tin of Scout Rainbow Trout
400 grams pizza dough
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 cups milk
1 cup aged white cheddar
1 bunch asparagus
1/2 cup peas
50 grams preserved lemon
1 handful flowers or pretty leaves of your choice
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Roll out pizza dough by dividing the dough ball in half and making 2 flatbread bases.
3. Proof on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper in the fridge while you make mornay and blanch veggies.
4. In a small pot, add cold water and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
5. In another small pot melt butter and flour and whisk until there are no lumps in the mixture.
6. Add milk on top and whisk over medium heat until it starts to thicken.
7. Add cheese to mornay and adjust seasoning, set aside to cool while you blanch your veggies.
8. Trim the tougher part of the asparagus off and blanch in salted boiling water for 2 minutes to make the green pop! Do the same with the peas and shock in ice water until chilled.
9.Remove flat bread from fridge and spread a generous layer of mornay edge to edge.
10. Assemble the lemon slices, asparagus and peas on top and bake until golden and crispy, approximately 15-20 minutes.
11. Garnish with more mornay, some pretty flowers and soft herbs or leaves.