This simple recipe will ensure you go back for seconds. Serve alongside a glass of chilled Chinon.
Cook time: 7-10 Minutes
Serves: Serves 2 people as an appetizer or a light lunch
1 Can of Scout Mussels
1 Loaf of Sourdough bread
4 TBSP of Cream Cheese
1 Lemon (Optional)
Fresh Herbs (Optional)
1. Slice thick slabs of sourdough bread and place in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees until the edges start to become crispy and caramelized, approximately 7-10 minutes.
2. Open your can of Scouts Mussels in Tomato and Fennel and set aside.
3. Take a small stainless steel bowl and with a small whisk, whip a few TBSP of cream cheese and spread it generously on the toasted bread.
4. Scoop a liberal amount of mussels on top.
5. A light squirt of lemon and any fresh soft herbs you may have on hand. Enjoy and go back for seconds.