By replacing anchovies with Scout Trout, we’ve taken this classic salad out of the ocean and down to the river. Eat it with some crusty garlic bread and a glass of chilled Chardonnay.
Cook time: 30 min
1 head of romaine lettuce
1/2 cup croutons
100gm double smoked bacon
4 egg yolks
1 liter olive oil
2 TBSP Dijon Mustard
1 lemon (zest and juice)
1 cup parmesan
1 tin of Scout Rainbow Trout
1. In blender combine the egg yolks, zest and juice of 1 lemon and the parmesan.
2. Slowly drizzle oil into running blender until the dressing is thick and emulsified. Adjust seasoning to taste and set aside.
3. In a medium sized frying pan, cut the bacon into small bite sized pieces and render all fat out.
4. Toss roughly chopped romaine in a bowl with croutons, bacon and 1/2 a cup of dressing to start.
5. Top with Scout's Rainbow Trout, a squeeze of lemon and a touch of parmesan. Save leftover dressing for another night, or tomorrow's lunch.