Once you master making a quiche, your flavour options are endless. This Scout special is deliciously dilly, and makes for a perfect for a picnic snack. Or keep it in your fridge for a grab ‘n go weekday lunch.
Cook time: 60 min. (30 minutes prep + 30 minutes cook time)
1 basic pie crust recipe, or store bought
1/2 cup 10% cream
1/2 cup ricotta
2 tablespoons fresh dill
2 cups mixed micro greens
2 tins of Scout Rainbow Trout
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Roll out pie crust and lay into a medium deep pie plate.
3. In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk eggs and 10% cream together, season with a pinch of salt.
4. Pour into unbaked pie crust and place in oven for 20 minutes or until the eggs have just started to set.
5. Once set, pull out of oven and top with ricotta, and Scout Rainbow Trout.
6. Return to oven for 10 minutes to finish cooking.
7. Toss the microgreens in the dilled trout oil and add zest and juice of 1 whole lemon, garnish quiche and serve.